Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sarawak, my Home

Headhunters, people who hunt for heads. Especially in Sarawak. Scary? Obviously. Its been 25 years I grew up in Sarawak. Its the place where i lived. :)

Some might say headhunters are still exist in Sarawak. Dear, there are no headhunters anymore in Sarawak. No more. That was a longgggg time ago. But still, we are proud of the headhunters of our lands. Dayaks are an ethnic group native living in Sarawak. The ethnic groups consists of Iban/Bidayuh/Mulu/Penan/Kelabit/Lun Bawang etc... The Dayaks are actually known as the headhunters. I'm mix IBAN and Malay. I'm not ashamed at all, instead I'm proud for who I am now. I'm proud to tell people I met, saying to them that I'm half Iban. I never been to my ancestor's longhouse. But I'm sure they are still displaying head trophies (which is know as antu pala to the Ibans) hanging over the ceilings. It is called head trophies as it symbolize victory to them. More head displayed in the longhouse, shows more powerful they are. Heros I might say.

Again, some people STILL think that Sarawakian now still living on a tree. Aiyaiayayaii... So classic of us? LMAO. Using boat to go somewhere? GOSH! No phones, and If we want to communicates with someone, we use cans with a strings on it? Eat worms? Headhunting? Dear someone who still think Sarawakians are like that, we are not that obsolescence. We are now living in modernization. Even though we dont have those tall, modern designed buildings everywhere, and greens, trees, jungle, still exists, but thats the way our Land are. We lived in harmony, and still are.

O yeah. We have a lot of names. Land of Hornbills, City of Cats and Home of the Headhunters. Sorry if I miss out some of the names.I do have a lots to say about Sarawak. But in my next entry someday. :) These are some of pictures that I get from Google images. I dont have camera yet, so there's no pictures from me. But I will get my own camera and upload more my own pictures about Sarawak. Sorry..


This is the way my Land looks like

My town (Kuching) coming to night time. Hey! we have buildings.

Laksa Sarawak, one of our signature dish. Its a mixture of coconut milk/milk and some spices.Vermicelli noodles, prawns, lime, shredded chicken, its a Yum! Fav!

Mee Kolok, minced chicken, garlic oil, soy sauce, and the noodles.

Chicken/Fish/Meat cooked in a bamboo, with some tapioca leaves, ginger, etc.
( I'm not sure the actual recipe ingredients)

But I will post it soon when I find the recipe. This is also one of Sarawakian signature dishes. Especially the Dayaks.

This guy is actually playing Sape. Our traditional musical instrument. Kewl huh?

Some of our ethnic groups.


SARAWAK is the BEST! (With a boastful face)